As another trip approaches, I once again take out my handy dandy overnight bag and decide to pack wisely this time. For my 14-day trip to Georgia & Virginia I ended up bringing way more than I needed and was 5 lbs away from my luggage being overweight so I learned my lesson- I didn’t even wear half of what I had packed for that trip. Tomorrow morning I will be taking a road trip to Carbondale, Illinois to visit my grandparents and lovely cousin’s. I will spend a few hours there enjoying dinner with them, sleeping a couple hours and then in the wee hours of the morning continuing my travels back to Greensboro, Georgia to surprise my grandmother for her 80th Birthday. Unfortunately, I will only be spending one day there and again, leaving in the early hours of the morning the next day to come back home. So what do I bring for such a short trip?
- All essential chargers (phone, camera, laptop)
- Hair Curlers (admittedly I could bring my curling iron to cut down on space, but since I will be driving instead of taking a plane I am going with the curlers- a fast and easy alternative)
- Black summer dress with swimsuit and white floppy hat for tomorrow at my grandparents as well as the next day when we take a boat to lunch
- Light blue top paired with black leggings and boots and white blazer if it is chilly.
- Not Pictured: yoga pants and comfy t-shirt for the car ride there and back
For a trip like this my grandpa’s motto sticks with me: If you forget it, you can buy it there. With this weather I think it is perfect to have a pair of leggings, a summer dress and a blazer.