On the second day of Christmas
The Global Chameleon Presents to You:
A DIY Nightmare Before Christmas Ornament
and a DIY Inside Out Ornament Tutorial
2nd Day of Christmas: DIY Nightmare Before Christmas Ornament
Twas a long time ago, longer now than it seems in a place perhaps you’ve seen in your dreams. For the story you’re about to be told began with the holiday worlds of auld. Now you’ve probably wondered where holidays come from. If you haven’t I’d say it’s time you begun.
Heres what you’ll need:
- Craft Ornament- (Plastic or Glass)
- Paint Pen (I used CraftSmart brand from Michael’s)
- Dixie Cup or Shot Glass
- Sharpie (Optional)
1. Start by taking the cap off of craft ornament and setting aside
2. Squirt a quarter size of white acrylic paint into the ornament
3. Stick finger inside the opening of the ornament, and shake until the paint is covering the entire inside of the ornament.
Kid-Friendly: Slowly turn ornament until it covers inside of ornament
4. Turn upside down in small cup to let excess paint out. Let dry overnight.
5. Now you’re ready to make the easiest and cutest Jack Skellington Ornament! Looking at a picture as your guide, begin painting the eyes and nose. You can start with a Sharpie if you’re worried about messing up- taking a cotton ball with nail polish remover on it will remove Sharpie.
6. Once you’re satisfied with the eyes, paint on a crooked smile and don’t forget the random stitch marks across the smile line!
7. Let dry!
What do you think? Share your own Jack Skellington craft in the comments below!
♫ For it is plain as anyone can see, we’re simply meant to be. ♫