I have to say that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays; I love gathering around with family and friends, I love turkey and all the fixings that Thanksgiving provides and I love that it is the perfect lead-in into the Christmas Holiday. That being said, Thanksgiving is often passed by due to Black Friday actually starting on Thanksgiving. This year, I thought I would create a fun Thanksgiving craft that you can do with the kiddos! You can use these adorable cornucopias as decorations at the Thanksgiving table, pass out to your guests, or leave near the appetizers. The entire thing is actually edible too!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Candy or Fruit (I chose Gummy Bears because that is Mike’s favorite candy)
- Waffle Cones ($1.79 at Target)
- Microwave-Safe Cup
1. Heat up half cup water in microwave until warm
2. Place the tip-end of the cone into the warm water and let sit for 20 seconds
3. Place cone on paper plate and zap in the microwave for 15-20 seconds
4. Take pencil and immediately begin curling the tip of the cone around the pencil to achieve a cornicopia type shape (this cone will be hot, so wear oven mitts if you need to!)
5. Let cones cool off completely
6. Once the cone is cooled off and the tip is now hardened and shaped as desired, you can stuff the cone with your treats
7. I am going to leave these out on the counter as well as give take-home treats for my Thanksgiving guests, so I took a piece of saran wrap and covered the opening of the cone with it, securing it with a rubber band. I then tied a ribbon around the rubber band.
This DIY is so easy and perfect for the kiddos to enjoy! What do you think? What kind of crafts do you do for your Thanksgiving? Sound off in the comments below!